If you received errors from your upload of the TFN Declaration Export then these errors are using due to data entry. The following are some of the errors that you could receive and what they mean. What you need to do is use the error report to locate the name of the employee and go into their masterfile and fix the data entry error.
Reason Code: VR06 – The field must be entered but you did not report anything in this field.
- If it refers to the Supplier Contact Name then go to Setup>Fringe and Taxation Rates and complete the Tax Signatory
- If it refers to Contact telephone number then go to Setup>Project Setup and enter Phone number in the field Phone
Reason Code: VR14 – The date field must contain a valid date in the format DDMMCCYY.
- If it refers to payee date of birthd, the error report will tell you who’s masterfile you need to go to and enter in date of birth
Reason Code: VR67 – The date field must not contain a future date.
- The error report will tell you the specific field which has a future date – locate it and change
Reason Code: VR70 – The address line 1 field is entered therefore the suburb, town or locality field must be entered, but you did not report anything in this field.
- Check to see if there has been an address entered in for the crew/cast/extra
Reason Code: VR72 – The Payee address line 1 field is entered therefore the Payee postcode field must be within the range of ‘0001-9999’.
- Make sure that the post code of crew/cast/extra is valid and not 0000
Reason Code: VR85 – The Payee address line 1 field is entered therefore the Payee state or territory field must contain either: ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD, NT, SA, WA, TAS or OTH.
- Check the State field has a valid State’s code.
Reason Code: VR86 – The Payee tax file number field is 111111111 therefore the Payee terminated indicator field must be ‘T’
- The error report will tell you the masterfile you need to edit. Locate and enter in Date Left
Reason Code: WM59 – The field must contain only the following valid values: A-Z a-z 0-9 Bracket() space & / apostrophe hyphen double quotes #
- If there is a comma in the address, remove it